- While holding down he option key, click the battery icon in your status bar (top right corner)
- You battery health will appear at the top as either: Normal, Replace Soon, Replace Now, or Service Battery
More MacBook battery details
- Click the in top left corner of your MacBook
- Click About This Mac, then System Report…
- On the left hand side, click Power
- You’ll find more specifics about your battery at the top of the window
In addition to finding your battery condition status and more, you’ll see its cycle count, which can give you more specifics as to how much more life you may get out of it.